The Mission of Search Engines
- As a web searcher, we can use any of the many available web search engines to find out what we seek
- this makes it extremely important for search engines to process and display relevant and important results in an ascending manner.
- Not only do the results have to be precise and relevant, but they also have to be fast as well.
- This is why teachers gravitate towards a search engine with a better output.
- This makes search engines invest a tremendous amount of time, effort and capital in understanding the audience and improving their SERP (search engine results page).
- This includes extensive studies of search results, comparing their results with other search engine’s results and conducting eye-tracking and click-through rate studies along with PR and Marketing campaigns.
- The search engine generates revenue through paid advertising and since they depend on the quality of their results so much, manipulations of results are taken very seriously.
The Market share of Search Engines
Search Engine Global Market Share
1. Google 92.54%
2. Bing 2.44%
3. Yahoo! 1.64%
However, in some markets, google is not dominant. Baidu, Yandex, and Naver are some of the major search engines in these markets. anyways a focus on GOOGLE is a smart SEO strategy in most world markets.