The Mission of Search Engines
- As a web searcher, we can use any of the many available web search engines to find out what we seek
- this makes it extremely important for search engines to process and display relevant and important results in an ascending manner.
- Not only do the results have to be precise and relevant, but they also have to be fast as well.
- This is why teachers gravitate towards a search engine with a better output.
- This makes search engines invest a tremendous amount of time, effort and capital in understanding the audience and improving their SERP (search engine results page).
- This includes extensive studies of search results, comparing their results with other search engine’s results and conducting eye-tracking and click-through rate studies along with PR and Marketing campaigns.
- The search engine generates revenue through paid advertising and since they depend on the quality of their results so much, manipulations of results are taken very seriously.
The Market share of Search Engines
Search Engine Global Market Share
1. Google 92.54%
2. Bing 2.44%
3. Yahoo! 1.64%
However, in some markets, google is not dominant. Baidu, Yandex, and Naver are some of the major search engines in these markets. anyways a focus on GOOGLE is a smart SEO strategy in most world markets.
A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business – Henry Ford
Roughly defined, a business is a repeatable process that
- Creates and delivers something of value
- That other people want or need
- At a price, they are willing to Pay for
- In a way that satisfies the customer’s needs and expectations
- So that the business brings enough profit to make it worthwhile for the owners to continue operation
Take any of these factors away and you don’t have a business.
A venture that doesn’t create value for others is a hobby. a venture that doesn’t attract attention is a flop. a venture that doesn’t sell the value it creates is a non-profit. a venture that doesn’t deliver what it promises is a scam. a venture that doesn’t bring in enough money to keep operating will eventually close.
At the core, every business is fundamentally a collection of five different interconnected processes, each of which flows into the next.
- VALUE CREATION- Discovering what people want or need and then creating them
- MARKETING- Attracting attention and creating demand for what you have created
- SALES- Turning prospective customers into paying customers
- VALUE DELIVERY- Giving your customers what you have promised and ensuring that they are satisfied
- FINANCE- Bringing in enough money to keep going and make your effort worthwhile
Since backlinks are a very important feature for ranking high on the search engine results page, everybody blogs .some of them are mindlessly creating content just for the sake of creating backlinks .some do it for generating original content , building trust and authority , all while being relevant.since many of the topics are ambiguous in nature(like fitness ), it adds fuel to the fire of blogging.bloggers include every single detail proving their Words right, including scientific studies, making the content compelling and far more difficult to disparage after spending considerable time on it.and since it is better to have all angles of the tacit debate ,its better for the world wide web to have more content . Especially from a purists point of view. However what I think is that more and more content makers should be reading much more about the topic they sincerely seek to blog about to make sure that their blog is relevant , crosses over edges smoothly and care-fronts controversial points with a neutral and progressive agenda in mind. This would make the blog-o-sphere a much better place and one worth reading even more.some might call my views a little pessimistic, but in my opinion I’m trying to make the blog-o-sphere a better place by assimilating what I read and trying to make the web a better place(I mean even better.it already is a great place although ).it is essential for bloggers to see the big picture and blog/create content responsibly whilst keeping in mind the bigger picture.it is easy to get lost in information in here on the world wide web.but if you are principle oriented, it is much easier to behave responsibly here on the world wide web.